Grimsby 01472 240251 Scunthorpe 01724 847888 Louth 01507 600610 Barton 01652 632 215
I need help with...

Get in touch

Send us your contact details and short message, and one of our legal advisors will be in touch

Tenancy Advice (for Tenants)

We know that renting your home can be worrying and you can be concerned that you are being treated properly.  Our Dispute Resolution Team have specialist Housing Advisors able to assist you in whatever your issue may be.

Also through our Legal Aid contract, we can offer free legal support to those who are eligible. Legal Aid is still available from us for residential tenants in the following categories:
•    Cases where notice of possession or court proceedings have been issued;
•    Homelessness;
•    Serious Housing Disrepair;
•    Anti-Social Behaviour;
•    Harassment by a Landlord or Neighbour;
•    Eviction – including Unlawful Eviction.

We know that sometimes time can be short and problems urgent and an appointment is not always necessary, so if you need help, please call or come in to enquire if you qualify for Legal Aid and if we can help.

Since 6 April 2007, landlords in England and Wales have been legally required to protect all Assured Shorthold Tenancy deposits in one of the three government approved tenancy deposit schemes

So we ask:

1. Did you pay your landlord a deposit (after April 2007)?
2. If so, has it been protected with a deposit protection scheme?
3. If it has, have you been served with information about how the scheme will handle your deposit?

If you’ve answered NO to either question 2 or 3, then you can make a claim against your landlord for an unprotected deposit. Such claim can potentially be for 3 times the amount of the deposit and the return of the deposit.

If you have a dispute and would like to talk to one of our specialists in this area call your nearest office:

Grimsby 01472 240 251, Louth 01507 600 610, Barton on 01652 632215 or Scunthorpe 01724 847 888