Grimsby 01472 240251 Scunthorpe 01724 847888 Louth 01507 600610 Barton 01652 632 215
I need help with...

Get in touch

Send us your contact details and short message, and one of our legal advisors will be in touch

When should I have my building insurance cover in place for my new property?

You become responsible for your new property from the day you exchange contracts, not the day you move in. It is therefore advisable that you have in place building insurance on your new property from this date even though you are not living in it yet.

Do not cancel the insurance on the property you are selling, however, until after the moving date.